We are excited to announce that we will be running our first CellAg Challenge for National Science Week on 18th-19th August!
We will be bringing together undergraduate students from diverse academic backgrounds and introducing them to the field of cellular agriculture. Events will be held across online and in Melbourne, hosted by the University of Melbourne Future Food Hallmark Research Initiative.
Students will have the opportunity to explore new opportunities using cellular agriculture technologies through exploring a broad yet pressing question - how can we leverage cellular agriculture technology to revolutionise the food system and ensure its sustainability and ethics?
The event will be structured around the following format:
- Friday 18th August: An in-person networking event at Naughtons Parkville Hotel with snacks and drinks provided by the University of Melbourne Future Food Hallmark Research Initiative.
- Saturday 19th August: Full-day intensive and catered in-person all-day event at the University of Melbourne Parkville campus.
- Friday 18th August: An online networking event hosted and facilitated by Cellular Agriculture Australia with industry guests.
- Saturday 19th August: Full-day intensive online event day hosted and facilitated by Cellular Agriculture Australia
Participants will be broken into teams on Friday before completing a range of activities, including:
- team building exercises,
- design thinking
- creative problem-solving activities
- industry professional talks
- and pitch presentations.